Sunday, August 2, 2009

PPA Kick Off Challenge!



PPA's (www.palspaperarts.com) first challenge was to create a card using the colors Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay and Chocolate Chip. I chose a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card base in Melon Mambo (115320). Layered on top of the base is a piece of Melon Mambo patterned paper from the Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (115675) pack. Next, I took a 4.75 x 3.5 piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and used Chocolate Chip ink (100908) to stamp it with one of the small flowers from the Eastern Blooms stamp set (111626). Then, I wrapped a piece of Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon (114616) around the center of the Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhered it to the base of the card using SNAIL (104332). The next layer is a 3 x 4.25 piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock (115317). On top of it is the last layer of the card, a 2.75 x 4 piece of Whisper White cardstock (100730). I used Melon Mambo (116329), Bermuda Bay (116329) and Chocolate Chip (100071) markers to color in the tree and blossoms from another stamp in the Eastern Blooms stamp set. For the sentiment, I used a scrap piece of Melon Mambo cardstock and the Large Oval punch (107305) to cut it out. On top of this, I layered Whisper White carstock stamped with "a note for you" from one of the SU hostess sets. It was punched out with the Small Oval punch (107304). I adhered the sentiment to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

4 comments:

  1. I love your card, Kim! So simple but very pretty! Nice job working with the challenge colors! Thanks for participating in PPA's first challenge! Join us next week for PPA2!

    Margaret Moody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used Eastern Blooms on this card! It's clean and classy. You did a great job with the challege colors. Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layers!

    On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ the PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. I didn't even think about using Eastern Blooms. Way to rock the PPA color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete